Liquefied and Natural Gas otherwise known by the acronym LNG invites any qualified candidates to apply for its undergraduate scholarship scheme. If you are qualified and have all requirements to be given later in the course of this discussion. Then you are too good to go.
What’s LNG? Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG or NLNG) is a Federal Government owned entity that deals in Natural Gas Resources. Its establishment was backed by the Nigeria LNG Fiscal Incentives, Guarantees, and Assurances Act. It’s one of the world’s largest suppliers of Natural Gas Resources. It’s a country known for corporate social responsibility.
What’s LNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme?
LNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme is a corporate social responsibility of Liquefied Natural Gas which has been championed over the years to pay the tuition fees of undergraduate students in Nigerian universities. It’s made it a corporate religion to pay for academically excelled Nigerian undergraduates. The purpose of the scholarship scheme is to promote education in Nigeria and tighten the noose of manpower for Nigeria’s development and also build people’s capacity in making the country compete globally through human and material resources.
The Liquified Natural Gas Scholarship considers the following eligibility criteria to give scholarship awards:
- The applicants must be citizens of Nigeria or any resident of Nigeria.
- The applicants must be first-year undergraduate me of a Nigerian university.
- The applicants should have evidence of schooling.
- The applicants must possess the required documents for the application process
- The applicants must be full-time students.
- The applicants must have SSCE (West Africa Examination Certificate or National Examination Council Certificate) with a minimum of five credit passes English and Mathematics included at not more than one sitting.
- The applicants must pass UTME at a minimum of 200 cutoff or above.
- Applicants must have 3.5 Cumulative Point Grade Adjustment (CPGA) in their first year in school.
The Liquefied Natural Gas expects these documents from applicants for the processing of the scheme:
- Passport Photograph.
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WAEC/NECO).
- Official signed and stamped semester result.
- Admission Letter
- University student Identity Card
- Local Government Identification Document.
Procedure Of Application.
The scholarship application is strictly online and should be filled accordingly. The applicants should visit the online application portal on www.nigerialng.com to process their application. Go to the Social Performance part of the scholarship, click on it and select Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme with acronym UGSS scholarship application link. Click on the link where Register Here is written to create your application profile. Then start the journey of your application by providing all the necessary details about yourself and subsequently uploading all the required documents that will facilitate the success of your application.
Procedure of Selection
The selection of applications is completely based on merit. The applicants whose results are more impressive would be considered for the scholarship. Those applicants are the ones to be invited for an aptitude test that will determine the recipients of the awards.
Scholarship Awards Coverage
Scholarship awards financially cover the following:
Payment of tuition fees
Course materials allowance
Upkeep allowance among others.