Jim Ovia Foundation announces its scholarship scheme for highly qualified Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students. The scholarship is aimed at building community young leaders who can make life better for others. It’s aimed at developing the personal intellectual ability of young people for the development of Nigeria and the world at large. The purpose of the scholarship scheme is to see new potential leaders emerge in Nigeria’s political space. The beneficiaries should be able to have logical and straightforward thinking in solving Nigeria’s numerous challenges occasioned by social, political, economic, and educational factors.
About Jim Ovia Foundation
Jim Ovia Foundation is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization aimed at improving people’s lives and solving age-long social problems bedeviling Nigeria. The Foundation is primarily invested in the potentials of youths who might have found it difficult to discover their talents. The Foundation takes as a burden to untap these yet unlimited hidden potentials for socioeconomic development for improving human and material resources. The Foundation plans to use education and information communication technology to enhance the lives of Nigerians.
About Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Programme
The scholarship scheme was established in 1998. It’s fully financed by Mr. Jim Ovia to provide financial assistance to exceptional Nigerian students. Many students have benefited from the organization and the organization has made them internationally recognized people. Over 1500 students have been financially assisted by the scholarship of the Jim Ovia Foundation. The scholarship is awarded to a cross-section of the students; secondary school students who are academically sound have been supported; undergraduate students who show leadership potentials and contributory skills have been equally assisted so also postgraduate students who have shown exceptional IT skills have been supported. Now is your turn to shine too. You should take advantage of this opportunity and let the organization pay for your education dreams.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants should follow due diligence and possess the required attribution which will be mentioned below.
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria or residents of Nigeria
- Applicants must attend one of the Nigerian institutions.
- Applicants must be full-time students
- Applicants must be academically sound
- Applicants must possess required documents
- Applicants must exhibit leadership skills
- Applicants must have supported the development of their various communities or ready to contribute to the growth of their communities
- University Identification Card ( for undergraduate students)
- University Transcript (must be officially and duly signed and stamped by the universities of all applicants)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (for postgraduate applicants)
- National Youth Service Corps’Discharge Certificate or Exemption Letter ( for postgraduate students)
- SSCE result/Certificate
- Local Government’s identification document or state of origin certificate
- Recent Passport Photograph
To apply for Jim Ovia Foundation’s scholarship scheme, applicants should provide their bio-data online, attach all the required documents mentioned above.
You should provide the following:
- Create your account with email and password
- Type in your full name: surname, first and middle/another name.
- Your house address, country of residence, state of origin, the local government of origin, name of your university, course of study, and attach those documents and then upload them. Afterward, cross-check your application to be free from any error and if you are satisfied with your application, submit it and expect your application’s status in your email when selection commences.
The selection of candidates is strictly based on merit which is determined by submitted academic records, leadership abilities, personal intellectual ability, and contribution to community development.