“Many are called, but only very few can make it there” is a phrase in the case of scholarship programs. Many applicants have tried applying for a scholarship scheme but only fewer applicants scale through the fence of scholarship due to misapplication, not following the given instructions, not having the requirements, and other related misplacement situations. The reason many couldn’t get scholarship awards is that they refuse to follow the necessary steps given by those who give scholarships. No one wants to spend his/her money on those who will waste it. The consideration for scholarship applicants starts from following instructions. Those who could not follow instructions have shown signs of seriousness that may cause their application to end up in the trashcan. Here’s another scholarship scheme, you need to follow its instructions as strictly as possible if you want to be part of its recipients.
Some Facts About David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Initiative is seen as a major platform for promoting the goals and vision of Christian’s value. It is a scholarship given to Africans who are exceptionally qualified. The scholarship awards are given to the students of African origin who have been given admission to Covenant University or Landmark University to study the courses of their choice. The scholarship scheme tagged DOF Scholars Programme awards the qualified candidates offer to acquire their first degrees or Masters in Covenant University or Landmark University respectively. The scholarship scheme aims at building leadership potentials in its scholars. The scholarship covers all expenses such as tuition fees, travels among others for any course of study regardless of academic program duration. All the recipients of the scholarship will automatically become DOF Scholars if they maintain good academic records and behavior.
Category Of Scholarship Scheme
DOP scholarship is categorized into three:
- The first category is meant for undergraduate students who are interested in studying at Covenant University or Landmark University. The candidates in this category must meet all the required documents for first-degree admission before they can be admitted into these aforementioned universities.
- The second category is meant for two hundred level students who are struggling to pay their tuition fees or have a financial problem to complete their Bachelor’s degrees in either Covenant University or Landmark University. The scholarship scheme will cover seventy percent of the financial needs of the students.
- The third category is meant for candidates who have completed their first degrees with first-class honors and plan to pursue a Master’s program at Covenant University. This scholarship category covers only tuition fees for the duration of the course of study.
Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
- The applicants must be permanent of an African country.
- The applicants must meet the requirements for admission ( for the candidates in the first category).
- The applicants must be Africans.
- The applicants must show exceptional leadership skills.
- The applicants must be academically excelled.
- The applicants must be ready to study at either Covenant. The University of Landmark University.
- The candidates for Master’s must possess first-class honors.
- The applicants for Masters must have been offered admission to Covenant University.
- The applicants for the undergraduate category must between the age bracket 18 and 25 at the period of application submission.
- The applicants should be eligible to obtain a Nigerian visa( for candidates outside Nigeria or from other African countries).
- The applicants must be proficient in language skills such as writing, reading, speaking.
- The applicants must score above Jamb cut off marks( only for Nigerian candidates)
- Candidates must prove a high academic standard for undergraduate applicants.
- The candidates must have started processing admission into Covenant University or Landmark University (for undergraduate candidates)
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination Result or high school certificate and result.
- High school transcripts.
- Jamb Result (for Nigerian candidates only).
- First Degree for those who are planning to study Masters.
- A valid International Passport (for candidates outside Nigeria or from other African countries).
- First Degree Certificate
- University Transcript for Masters category.
Process Of Application
Applicants are to apply online by clicking the link on their category. And then follow these steps:
Log in to sign up for your application by clicking on the Register Now link and then start supplying your information from your surname; middle name and first name, gender, date of birth, country, state among other information requested from you.
Procedure Of Selection
The selection of candidates is principally based on merit. There’s always a consideration for high academic standards and candidates’ academic record performance.
You can read further about the scholarship scheme here https://portal.davidoyedepofoundation.org.