Adamawa State Scholarship Board announces its scholarship scheme for 2022 and expects suitably qualified candidates to make use of this medium to apply for the scholarship. The scholarship will serve as a means of tuition fees payment instead of paying your school fees, Adamawa State Government will have it paid. It is open to those who have financial constraints but are interested in pursuing their undergraduate or post-graduate program.
It is a financial relief fund for the beneficiaries who are academically talented but financially lacked. Are you thinking of getting a scholarship for your undergraduate education? Or are you a graduate and interested in pursuing your postgraduate course? Why still wait when you can get your postgraduate education paid for by the Government of Adamawa State. You should take this rare chance to pursue your undergraduate course or take this advantage to run your postgraduate and become a master in your chosen career path.
About Adamawa State
Adamawa is a component of the federal government in the northeastern part of the country. Its capital is Yola, which is the largest city in the state. It was founded when Taraba was ceded out of Gongola state. It was created in the year 1991 during the military regime. It was divided into four districts: Numan, Ganye, Mubi, and Michika.
It has an appellation that goes with ‘the land of beauty.’ The present governor of Adamawa State is Umaru Fintiri. Its landmark covers 36917 square meters. It has over three million population. The state borders Borno and Yobe. It has a Gross Domestic Product of over $4billions naira and a per capita income of $1417. The state is known for its beautiful landscape rugged through the feet of valleys.
About Adamawa State Scholarship
The scholarship scheme is meant for undergraduate and postgraduate students. It is coordinated, administered, and awarded by Adamawa State Scholarship Board. The scholarship is fully funded for the period of a course of applicants. It is only meant for the indigenes of Adamawa State who have made themselves academically exceptional but do not have money to pursue their academic careers in the Institutions of their choice.
The scholarship gives opportunity to the sons and daughters of less privileged and low-income families who can afford the payment of their wards or children’s school fees. The scholarship has become a haven for education for some students who came from low-income families and less privileged backgrounds.
The scholarship is one of the ways to bring education nearer to the youth that their parents or guardians could not afford. The state government believes that through the scholarship, youths of the state can live with dignity and academic recognition and shun any form of social vices that can jeopardize their future.
Why Give this Scholarship a Shot?
Applying for this scholarship will allow you to run your desired program at the university of choice without paying a Kobo because the state government will fully fund all your expenses. It will be a chance to make your dreams realized and your aspirations become fulfilled.
If an applicant is to access this scholarship scheme, the candidate must meet these eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must be indigenes of Adamawa State, either resident in Adamawa or any part of Nigeria.
- Applicants need to have Senior Secondary Certificate Examination Certificate ( National Examination Council Certificate or West Africa Examination Council Certificate)
- Applicants should either be graduate students or applicants intending to pursue the undergraduate course.
- Undergraduates should be full-time students in 100 level.
- Applicants should be attending one of Adamawa State institutions or any Institutions outside the state.
- Applicants must possess a school identification card.
- Applicants must come from any of Adamawa State Local Councils.
Applicants seeking the Adamawa State Scholarship scheme must have these documents which will serve as one of the benchmarks for the selection procedure
- Student Identification Card ( for undergraduate students still running their courses)
- Valid institution Transcripts (for applicants intending to run postgraduate or master’s programs)
- Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (for candidates intending to just start their course of study)
- Semester Result (for candidates already pursuing their courses)
- Provisional Admission Letter (for candidates that just got admission)
- Proof of State of Origin/Local Government Certificate (as a proof of local council origin)
- Passport Photograph
Courses Available for the Scholarship
- Mechanical Engineering
- System Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine
- Petroleum Engineering
The application process is both online and offline. However, applicants should follow this line of the process. Applicants should start by providing their bio-data as follow:
- Your full name will include your surname (your family name), your given name (the name given to you by your parents on your christening day), and your middle name which is otherwise known as your other name.
- Your email address for communication and information about the status of your application.
Your phone number where you will be reached for quick response and feedback about your application.
- Your institution, the one, you have got your degree or the one you’re currently attending now, or the one you’re about to attend.
- Having submitted all these, then you should attach the following documents:
Admission Letter which clearly states your course of study, year of admission, and the period of the course you are attending or you’ve attended or the one you are about to attend.
- Your Senior Secondary Certificate Examination should then be attached and uploaded. After this, you should attach your state of origin document or local government identification certificate.
- Uploading your student’s identification card or national identification card or international passport or any other government-issued identification card.
The selection of applicants is based on weighty academic records and indigenization of the applicants. Applicants who have a chance of being selected are those from Adamawa State’s local government areas
For further information or any inquiry, you can check here https://adspc.ad.gov.ng/adamawa-state-scholarship-trust-fund/