Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship 2023: Apply
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship is a scholarship scheme meant for undergraduate students in Nigerian universities. It’s awarded to the students who are academically talented but couldn’t finance their education. It is one of the Nigerian scholarships that has benefited many students who are excellent but do not have the financial capacity to help themselves.
This scholarship is a door for undergraduate students to help out their studies and assuage their financial situation. Are you a university student or a polytechnic student? If yes, then, this is an opportunity for you to shine with this scholarship. This article will furnish you with what you need to do to be successfully selected for this scholarship. You will learn about how to apply, eligibility, requirements, and criteria for the scholarship.
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship is an undergraduate scholarship awarded to brilliant Nigerians on annual basis. It’s an internationally recognized name after late foremost human rights activist lawyer, Gani Fawehinmi. The scholarship is awarded to 20 successful applicants every year. It’s a one-time scholarship scheme with #100000 awards. The scholarship is merit-based given to the most exceptional students among the pool of applicants. The scholarship is a posthumous scheme to honor the late human and civil rights activist lawyer who lived an exemplary life before he died.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must have these criteria.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students in a Nigerian university.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens or residents of Nigeria
- Applicants must possess required documents
- Applicants must have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills
- Applicants must have weighty academic records
- Applicants must be full-time students
- Applicants should come from a less privileged background
- The scholarship is available to students from universities, polytechnics, or colleges of education.
The applicants should provide the following documents.
- Letter from head of the department of the applicants’ institution
- Semester Result that shows students cumulative GPA
- Letter from school registrar that explains that the student is running a full-time program
- Two recent passport photographs
- A copy of the current semester’s registration form.Letter of admission
The following candidates are not eligible to participate in the scheme
- The past winners of the scholarship should not bother to apply
- Applicants currently benefiting from another scholarship
Candidates who are interested in applying for this scholarship should send a letter of intent otherwise known as a letter of application showing interest in the scholarship to the Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board. The letter should be at most two pages. The letter should begin with the complete name of applicants, course of study, current semester and year, and should be primarily addressed to the board.
The letter should include information about your state, local government. In the letter, applicants should explain why they are interested in the scholarship and why they should be awarded the scholarship and that should base on their financial situation and social background. The letter should then be mailed to the mailbox of the organization at the following addresses:
Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board
C/o ASUU Secretariat,
University of Abuja, Gwawalada,
Nigerian Law Publications House,
Otunba Jobi Fele Way,
CBD Alausa Ikeja,
P. O. Box 80279, Lafiaji
c/o ASUU Secretariat,
Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Financial Coverage of the Scholarship
The scholarship is a one-off payment of #100000 in support of the education of the recipients.
The scholarship is merit-based. The selection of candidates will be based on academic records, social background, and financial status. The scholarship allows people from the lower rung of the social ladder who could not afford to pay their tuition fees.
For further information about the scholarship scheme, you can check this link http://www.ganifawehinmilibandgallery.com/contact.html