Commonwealth of Nations requests 2022 scholarship applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates. It is a scholarship scheme meant to assist students with the most valuable academic records and leadership skills abilities. It is a scholarship opportunity that allows highly competent applicants to gain financial assistance. This article focuses on Commonwealth Nations, what Commonwealth scholarship is, eligibility for Commonwealth scholarship, required documents, application process, selection procedure, and so on.
About Commonwealth of Nations
Commonwealth of Nations is a group of independent states formerly colonized by Britain. It is made of 54 countries which are former overseas British territories. The organization was founded in the year 1949. It is aimed at fostering unity among the member states through intergovernmental relationships. The countries that make up the member states are
- Australia Bahamas
- FijiThe Gambia
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
The head of the Commonwealth is the Queen of England. The organization is controlled by the monarch and the government of Britain.
About Commonwealth Scholarship
Commonwealth scholarships are awarded to highly gifted individuals who have leadership potentials and can cause a positive change in their various societies and the world at large. The scholarship scheme is meant to train new great minds who will make the world a better place. The scholarship is given 800 students opportunities across Commonwealth member states to access quality assurance education. The scholarship is hosted by United Kingdom’s universities. It is meant for those who can’t afford schooling in the united kingdom. It is a postgraduate designated scholarship.
For any candidate to be approved for the scholarship scheme, such candidates must meet the requirements as will be given below.
- Applicants must be citizens of Commonwealth nation or permanent residents of Commonwealth nation.
- Applicants who are refugees can also apply for the scholarship
- Candidates must be students pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Applicants must have at least Second Class Upper Division (2:1)
- Applicants must be able to afford to attend UK universities
- Applicants must be academically excelled
- Applicants who intend to pursue Ph.D. can also apply for the scholarship scheme
Category of Scholarship Awards
For the Commonwealth scholarships, the following awards are on board
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for citizens from lower or middle-income member states for full-time Masters program
- Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships (for high-income countries)
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are fellowship programs for those who studying or who have studied medical courses.
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are programs for those who want to develop themselves for the member states’ growth and development
- Ph.D. Commonwealth Scholarships are for candidates from the least developed countries and the state with a red flag. It is a full-time program. This scholarship aims to contribute to the development and sustainable growth of low-income countries.
Scholarships (for low-income and middle-income countries) is a scholarship meant for the citizens of member states to motivate and enable applicants to be self-sustainable and self-reliant. Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are scholarship schemes meant for those who have a first degree and intend to pursue a Masters program from low-income member states
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are scholarships for students from member states to have access to quality education through distance learning. They are programs arranged for those who do not have access to full-time education.
Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships (for high-income nations) are schemes financed by Britain for the citizens of Commonwealth states who are wealthy but need to pursue their education in the United Kingdom.
- International traveling Documents
- Copy of Degree Certificate (for postgraduate students)
- Copy of bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree
- Letter of Recommendation
- National Identification Card
- Recent Passport Photograph
Scholarship Financial Coverage
The scholarships cover tuition fees and some other students’ remuneration such as stipend, medical insurance, airfare, and other students’ benefits.
The scholarship is completely online. Applicants should go online and fill out their bio-data such as family name, first name and middle name where necessary, phone number, email address, residential address and attach all the required documents.
Selection is largely merit-based. Applicants with the highest academic records will be majorly considered due to the high competition of the scholarship nature. The weighty your academic records the better you will be considered for the scholarship.
For further information and application process. Applicants should visit here https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth