Singapore Scholarship For Nigerians 2023
Singapore Scholarship is one of the international scholarship schemes for Nigerians. As part of the bilateral relationship between Nigeria and Singapore. The Singaporean government and other Singaporean organizations announce scholarship schemes for academically sound Nigerian citizens who possess the requirements to be awarded the scholarship.
About Singapore Scholarship
Singapore Scholarship is a scholarship scheme given to the citizens of Nigeria due to bilateral relationships and economic exchange. The scholarship scheme is meant to finance Nigerian students by the government of Singapore and Singaporean organizations who deem it fit that exceptional Nigerian student needed to be helped. Some of these scholarships are funded while some are partially financed. The scholarship is aimed at giving Nigerian students financial assistance and international recognition in Singapore. Below are some of the scholarships.
ICAO Training Fellowship/Scholarship
This scheme is a Singapore government program that will be given the opportunity to 110 fellows and 6 scholars under DCTP and another one under PYAP will assist 120 fellows and 19 scholars. This scholarship scheme is available to Nigerian citizens and other developing nations.
About ICAO scholarship
ICAO in collaboration with the Singapore government founded this program known Developing Countries Training Programme (DCTP) was established in 2001. The scholarship is financed by the government of Singapore and managed by the ICAO Technical Cooperation Bureau for a specialized program and the program is conducted by the Singapore Aviation Academy. The government of Singapore works in conjunction with international finding agencies and Singapore Aviation Academy to award the scholarship and fellowship
For any applicants to be eligible for this scholarship, the applicants must meet the following prerequisites.
- Applicants must be nominated by their government
- Applicants must possess required documents
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria or any of developing nations
- Applicants must be ready to undergo training courses or a specialized program
- Valid international passport
- Recommendation letter from political authority
- Letter of intent
- Valid Email Address
- Medical certifications
- Financial Coverage of the Scholarship/Fellowship
- The scholarship scheme covers these expenses
- Training fees
- Daily allowance
- Hotel accommodation
The application process is strictly online and by extension, applicants must be nominated by the authority before starting an online application.
For further information about this program, interested applicants can visit here https://www.icao.int/APAC/Pages/icao_training.aspx
Singa is an acronym for Singapore International Graduate Programme Awards. It’s a scholarship awarded by the government of Singapore to international graduate students. It is financed by the government of Singapore and it’s a fully-funded scholarship scheme for postgraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. in three universities in Singapore. This scholarship is administered by Agency for Science Technology and Research (A*STAR). A*STAR is a research agency of the government of Singapore. The scholarship scheme has benefited more than 900 applicants from more than 160 countries.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicants should possess the following.
- Applicants must be international students from anywhere in the world.
- Applicants must speak English fluently
- Applicants must have excellent academic records
- Applicants must be ready to relocate
- Applicants must apply before January 2024 deadline.
The applicants must possess the following documents for the scholarship scheme.
- International traveling documents
- Signed Transcripts
- Recommendation letter
- A recent passport photograph
- For Masters Degree, a bachelor’s degree certificate with first class or second class
- For Ph.D., bachelor’s degree, Masters degree, and research paperwork
Scholarship Financial Coverage
- Tuition fees
- Special allowance
- Monthly feeding allowance
- The Host Universities
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
The applicants should apply on the designated website for the scholarship https://www.a-star.edu.sg/Scholarships/For-Graduate-Studies/Singapore-International-Graduate-Award-SINGA#2017496-application-procedure-
The selection of candidates is strictly based on the academic records of applicants. The applicants who have a weighty academic profile will most likely be considered.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2021
For further details you check here https://www.a-star.edu.sg/Scholarships/For-Graduate-Studies/Singapore-International-Graduate-Award-SINGA#2017496-application-procedure-
More Singaporean scholarships
Nanyang Scholarship Scheme is an undergraduate scholarship of the Nanyang University of Technology Singapore. The scholarship scheme is open to academically exceptional undergraduate students. The scholarship scheme is used to recognize academically sound students, possess outstanding leadership potentials, and have good co-curricular records. The scholarship is based on both online application and physical interview
- This is an open scholarship.
- The scholarship is meant for all the citizens of the world.
- Applicants must be a full-time undergraduates.
- Applicants must possess outstanding Singapore Cambridge GCE A’level, High School Diploma in Singapore
- Strong Leadership Potential
- High-end co-curricular records
Duration of the scholarship: the successful applicants will be funded for the duration of the course of study.
To read further about the scholarship, you can check here https://www.ntu.edu.sg/admissions/undergraduate/scholarships/nanyang-scholarship#Content_C004_Col00
JTC Singapore Government Undergraduate Financial Aid for International Students
It is a scholarship scheme awarded to international students who set exceptional academic records. The scholarship opportunity helps international students to have access to local and international education. The candidates will pursue courses of study relevant to JTC areas of business.
- Exceptional educational records
- Excellent and well-performing extra co-curricular engagement
- Excellent and Proficient communication and interpersonal abilities
- Outstanding leadership skills and potentials
- Exhibiting special interest in contributing to, and shaping Singapore’s industrial space
FIELDS OF STUDY
Candidates will be able to study any course of study that are of different fields of study in JTC but will not be able to study the following courses Law, Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy), however, the students will be able to these courses listed below and others except those mentioned above.
- Project and Facilities Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Land Surveying
- Mass Communications
- Real Estate
- Urban Planning and Design
- Maintenance allowance
- Tuition, examination, and other related fees
- Hostel fees (if necessary)
- Medical insurance (if necessary)
- Opportunity for sponsorship for an approved student exchange program
- Internships with diverse business areas within JTC
- Financial Coverage of the Scholarship
The scholarship scheme covers the following areas:
- Learning of language allowance
- Medical insurance allowance
- Life maintaining allowance
- Preliminary studies stipend
- School fees
- Test-taking allowance
- Sponsorship for a student exchange program
- Diverse internship business areas within JTC
For further details, applicants should check here https://www.jtc.gov.sg/careers/scholarships/Pages/undergraduate-scholarships.aspx