Application for 2022 Petroleum Technology Development Fund for undergraduate and postgraduate students in federal government-owned universities scholarship scheme is on. The suitably qualified undergraduate and postgraduate students can apply for slots in this scholarship scheme. The scholarship only allows the students of federal universities. It is a scholarship scheme that has contributed immensely to the academic lives of many undergraduate and postgraduate students. The scholarship scheme is meant for those who study any course-related petroleum or technology.
About Petroleum Technology Development Fund
Petroleum Technology Development Fund is an agency of federal government saddled with responsibilities of increasing indigenous human capacity and developing Nigerian manpower in petroleum technology to fast track the development of the oil and gas sector. The agency has been developing and transforming the petroleum industry to meet world standards and best practices through world-class state of art technological equipment.
About Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship
The scholarship scheme is meant for Nigerian students who pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate degrees in federal universities. The scholarship has both local and international versions. The scholarship aims to equip Nigerian students with intellectual prowess and artful skill abilities that will enable them to be active technological in the oil and gas industry.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must have all these criteria.
- Applicants must be full-time students
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria.
- Candidates must have National Identification Number as NIN will serve as the basis for verification
- Applicants must not have been awarded any Petroleum Development Technology Fund scholarship
- Any candidates who have not gotten one scholarship or another from other scholarship programs
- Applicants must students of federal universities
- Candidates must possess an authentic admission letter from an accredited federal university
- Applicants pursuing postgraduate programs must have a valid admission letter
- Postgraduate applicants will be interviewed before they could be finally shortlisted
- Applicants pursuing an undergraduate degree must be in their second year.
- Applicants must be pursuing courses related to oil and gas
- Applicants pursuing postgraduate must have a minimum of 3.0 on a scale of 4p or 3.5 on a scale of 5p
- Undergraduate applicants must provide transcripts for the first year of study and must be HoD or Exam Officer or any authorized person.
Any candidates interested in the PTDF scholarship must be able to provide these documents.
- Stamped and signed university Transcripts (for postgraduate students).
- Available professional Certificates/certifications
- Official statement of purpose explaining your reason for your course of study
SSCE result/certificate with 5 credit passes including English and Mathematics (for postgraduate and undergraduate)
- Letter of Admission (for undergraduate students)
- Proof of state of origin
- Personal statement of 1000 words for pursuing your course of study
- National Youth Service Corps’Discharge Certificate or exemption certificate
Courses Considered for the Scholarship
1. ENGINEERING COURSES:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Water Resources & Environmental Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Petroleum & Gas Engineering
- System Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
2. GEOSCIENCE AND SCIENCE COURSES:
- Applied Geology
- Applied Geophysics
- Computer Science
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Chemistry
- Physics Electronics
- Electronics & Computer
- Cyber Security
3. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE COURSES:
- Environmental Management Technology
- Industrial Design
- Survey & Geo-Informatics
- Remote Sensing & Geo-Science Information
- Geographic Information System
- RENEWABLE ENERGY COURSES:
- Mechanical Engineering (Energy & Power option)
- Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy & Environmental
- Renewable Energy Physics
4. MANAGEMENT COURSES
- Business Administration
- Banking & Finance
- Purchasing & Supply
Documents To Be Uploaded On The Website
- First Degree Certificate/Statement of Result
- NYSC Certificate/Exemption
- SSCE(WAEC/NECO) Result
- Admission Letter
- Personal Statement
- Proof of state of origin
Applicants are to apply online on the portal created for scholarship on the website of Petroleum Development Technology Fund. Applicants should sign up by providing biodata and other details.
The selection of candidates is primarily based on merit. It’s based on academic records, professional qualifications, certifications, and publications.
You can read further and apply here https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng