Nigeria Women Association of Georgia announces its 2022 scholarship scheme for undergraduate female students who are exceptionally brilliant and academically talented. It is a scholarship meant to assist female students. The organization is only given a scholarship opportunity to female students who are pursuing undergraduate courses in Nigerian institutions. The scholarship has helped many female students who are academically sound but socially and culturally disadvantaged.
About Nigeria Women Association of Georgia
Nigeria Women Association of Georgia was established in 2000 by a group of women who deemed it necessary to make impacts in Nigerian society. It was born out of concern for Nigerian women’s affairs. It all happened when Nigerian women who lived in Georgia then attended the meeting convened by the wife of former Consul-General where they discussed issues affecting women and then thought out how they would find a solution to those issues. Then the convened women unanimously agreed to find NWAG which they see would be a panacea to nip those situations in the bud as a contribution of women to society. The organization believes so much in women empowerment, youth, and children selfless services.
About Nigeria Women Association of Georgia Scholarship Scheme
NWAG scholarship for female students is aimed at widening the scope and expanding the coast of women in the academic field. It’s expected to give female students a sense of honor and the mind of maximalists. The scholarship scheme is to be awarded to 37 female students across Nigeria. One in each state of federation plus FCT. Each female student will get #100000 worth of scholarships to pursue an undergraduate degree.
To be eligible for this scholarship scheme, candidates should have the following attribution.
- Applicants must be female students
- Applicants must be Nigerians or those who are legally resident and schooling in Nigeria
- Applicants must be undergraduate students pursuing an accredited course in an accredited university in Nigeria
- Applicants must possess required documents that will be used to document and consider applicants’ applications.
Required Documents for NWAG Scholarship
The applicants applying for the NWAG scholarship must have the following documents at their disposal if they want to be considered for the scholarship.
- Evidence of State of Origin
- Letter of origination from a staff of candidate’s university or letter from a local council official
- Letters of Recommendation (two) from the pastor, Imam, the village head, king of a town, local council chairman, or lecturers from candidates’ universities
- Another letter of recommendation from perhaps the dean of candidates’ faculties/schools or candidates’ heads of head departments
- A copy of the current Identity Card of candidates’ universities
- A current photograph passport of the applicants
- A statement of the reasons why you should receive the scholarship (half-page and must be typed on ms word)
- A typed written, doubled space two pages essay titled:
‘In the account of the incessant clashes between Fulani herdsmen and various communities in Nigeria, how best do you suggest that the federal government addresses the causes of these conflicts?’
Applicants are to download the application form on the website of NWAG here https://www.nwag.org/nwag-scholarship-nigeria.php. And they should fill the form and provide the required documents stated above alongside the application form. And then email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to this postal address: NWAG
- P.O. Box 14542,
- Atlanta, GA 30324,
Financial Coverage Of The Scholarship
The scholarship scheme is worth #100000 which will be awarded to each applicant to support the course of study.
This is not officially stated by the organization though. However, considering applicants for the scholarship by NWAG will be based on merit. So applicants with weighty academic records who follow due diligence, provide required documents, and write acceptable essays might be given more consideration. So applicants should try to make their applications to suit better taste.
The deadline for this 2022 scholarship application is 30th May 2022