Gate Cambridge Scholarship 2023
Gate Cambridge Scholarship is one of the most celebrated and highly rated scholarship schemes in the world. It’s a fully-funded scholarship scheme financed by Bill Gates and his former wife, Melinda Gates. Gate partners the world-renowned and most prestigious Cambridge University to apportion the scholarship to exceptional deserving and brilliant students. The scholarship is meant to finance Master’s and Ph.D. programs. The scholarship is meant for United States of America’s citizens as well as international students from anywhere in the world. All the students who are not of United Kingdom’s origin can apply for the scholarship scheme.
The scholarship will be awarded to 90 applicants who are found academically exceptional. The scholarship covers all the fields of studies that the students choose.
About Gates Cambridge Scholarship
The scholarship is funded and meant for students anywhere and of any class in the world who intend to pursue Master’s and Ph.D. degrees at Cambridge University. The scholarship will be awarded to over 80 students and all the years of schooling of the students will be taken care of by the scholarship. Apart from payment of tuition fees for all the recipients’ schooling years, there also be payment of stipend for the recipients of the scholarship to cover certain situations. The scholarship will fund two years of the Master Programme and fund four years of those who are going to run Ph.D.
All the selected applicants will have access to the world-famous and most distinguished university in the world, the University of Cambridge
About University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is one of the world-renowned collegiate research institutions. It was established in 1209. It is the second oldest university in the English-speaking world and the fourth world oldest university. The university was established by scholars who left the University of Oxford due to misunderstanding with the people of the town of Oxford. It is one of the oldest research institutions with many courses, faculties, departments, and colleges.
Country of Scholarship: United Kingdom
The institution where the Scholarship will be undergone: University of Cambridge
Sponsored Organization: Bills and Melinda Gates Charity Foundation
Target Course Level: Ph.D., Master, Postgraduate Diploma
End Date of Scholarship Application: January 6, 2022
Scholarship Financial Coverage
The scholarship covers all the tuition fees till the period of graduation.
- Tuition Fees
- Occasional allowance
- Flight fare
- Visa cost
- Educational Development Allowance
- Family Allowance
- Fieldwork allowance
- Maternity/paternity allowance
- Situational Allowance
Number of Scholarships
The scholarship scheme will be awarded to 90 students for US citizens and international students.
Scholarship Duration Year
- For a Ph.D., the scholarship will cover all the years, the candidates spend in gaining a Ph.D. certificate. It may be 3, 4, 5, 6, or seven years.
- For Master Programme, 1 to 2 years.
- Gates Cambridge Referential Endorsement
- Gates Cambridge Expression
- Online Application
- Research Proposal
- Academic Results
- International Passport
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarship can be applied for by candidates from any of these countries
- Applicants must be citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applicants must be pursuing either Master or Ph.D. or Postgraduate Diploma
- Applicants must be sound academically and have the exceptional academic ability.
- Applicants should be able to defend the pursuing courses at Cambridge on behalf of the Gates
Considered Fields of Study
The scholarship primarily considers the following fields of study. So candidates can choose to study any course from the fields
- The College of Arts and Humanities
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- The College of Biological Sciences
- The College of Physical Sciences
- The College of Clinical Medicine
- The College of Technology
- Institutions independent of any School
- School of BioMedical
- The School of Biological
- School of Engineering (All Fields)
- School of Science
- College of Information Technology
- School of Humanities
- School of Social Science
- School of Archaeology
- School of Architecture
- College of Islamic Studies
- School of Astronomy
Processing of Gates Cambridge Scholarship is completely based online. Applicants should attach the necessary documents while applying. The application process can be completed here https://www.gatescambridge.org/apply/timeline/