Yenching Academy of Peking University is known for its annual scholarship awards for over 120 students from the Chinese community especially those who are from Mainland and outstanding international students. The scholarship scheme expects applicants to live, study, relate to Chinese culture and learn together in the ambient, serene and beautiful campus. It usually gives more scholarship opportunities to international students than even the Chinese community. It’s a well-known scholarship giver.
You can now pursue your Master’s program in China with fully funded scholarship awards championed by the Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarship scheme. With the Yenching Academy Scholarship scheme, your dream of running a Master’s degree can be realized and you learn in a society of diverse people. This article will give insight into what Yenching Academy Scholarship is all about, what Yenching Academy of Peking University is, required documents, scholarship eligibility, and the likes.
About Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarship
Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarship scheme is a completely funded scholarship program. The scholarship program is primarily for those intending to pursue a Master’s degree program and other graduate degrees. Approximately 120 students will be awarded for standing out among their peers. The scholarship scheme covers almost every money you will pay in pursuing your course of study.
About Yenching Academy of Peking University
Yenching Academy of Peking University is a postgraduate school of Peking University, situated in Beijing, the capital of China. Peking University is the host of Yenching Academy which hosts the Yenching Academy Scholarship. The purpose of the scholarship is to instill leadership in its recipients; those who will propagate global development and sociocultural understanding. It aims at building an international alliance between China and other countries of the world via international education in China. It has an interdisciplinary Master’s program that will connect China to global citizens. The scholarship program will convene academic brilliant young scholars to demonstrate their talents in innovation and leadership. It has a goal to shape a new generation of global citizens. The scholarship also helps the students to explore the world of possibility in terms of an academic wider reach.
Major Considered Social Relationship opportunities that the scholarship focuses on:
The scholarship scheme focuses on the Chinese relevance and international partnership and thus makes this social relationship available to be understood. The scholarship opportunities include field study and China in transition. The following courses are the major focus.
- Literature and culture
- History and archeology
- Philosophy and Religion
- Law and society
- Economics and Management
- Politics and International Relation
To be eligible for the Yenching Academy Scholarship. Applicants must be in tandem with the following criteria.
- Applicants can be of any country of origin
- Applicants must have exceptional academic records
- Applicants must be interested in interdisciplinary study.
- Applicants must be culturally inclined
- Applicants must be interested in living in China
- Applicants must be ready to relate to any citizen of the world.
The candidates are required to provide the following documents to be considered for the scholarship.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- International Passport
- An outstanding GPA
- Official University Transcript
- English Proficiency Certificate ( for those whose English is not their first or second language)
- (English requirements and minimum scores: IELTS (Academic). Overall 7.0, TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100, Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185, CET 6: Overall 600, TEM 4: Pass level and above.
- Certificate or a record of extracurricular activities, social responsibilities, and leadership potentials.
- Statement of Research Interest (easy) (minimum 750 words and maximum 1500 excluding citation)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two academic letters of recommendation
Applicants are to follow the process while applying for the Yenching Academy Scholarship.
Candidates should start their application process on the Yenching Academy Scholarship portal https://yenchingacademy.pku.edu.cn/ADMISSIONS.htm by contacting professors or faculty members for the scholarship supervision. After completion of the application on the scholarship portal. Candidates should attach the following documents: copy of passport; curriculum vitae; educational documents; personal statement; research proposal; recommendation letters; English language proficiency. Having done this, click on the submission.