2023 British Chevening Scholarships: Hints To Apply.
Chevening Scholarship Scheme is one of the best scholarships in the world and one of the many British scholarships. Chevening Scholarship has been given opportunities to people from other parts of the world to access the British educational system on its account. It’s sponsored many students from disadvantaged nations. It’s been the ray of hope that any students from low-income countries can reckon with. It’s a light that has torched the path of many poor people from third-world countries.
About Chevening Scholarship Scheme
Chevening is the UK’s government’s international scholarships scheme. The scholarship is funded by the combined sovereign funds of the Foreign government, Commonwealth, Development Office, and partner organizations. The scholarship scheme allows mastering degree students to pursue their courses of study in the United Kingdom; it is an all-rounded funded one-year scholarship for Masters’ students to acquire a highly sophisticated and world-class education.
Chevening scholars must come from different social backgrounds and diverse societies or countries. How all these scholars must exhibit the passion, skills, and vision needed to make a better world.
The scholarship scheme will benefit the recipients in so many ways that facilitate an honorable individuality and human development. The scholarship scheme also gives opportunities in the area of cultural diversity, quality education, highly netted networking, and accessibility to the UK melting pot society.
The Chevening Scholarship requires these documents from applicants:
- High School Result for undergraduate students intending to become the scholarship’ recipients
- First Degree (for those who pursuing Masters)
- Valid International Passport
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Letter of References or References Documents.
The scholarship scheme considers majorly those underserved people from low-income countries. Eligible candidates include:
- Applicants must be citizens of countries that the Chevening scholarship covers.
- Applicants must be ready to return to countries of origin after completion of their courses.
- Applicants applying for a Master’s must have completed their first degree.
- Applicants for postgraduate courses must make a minimum second class (upper) division
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years of working experience
- Applicants must have applied to three courses in the UK university and must have gained admission with an unconditional offer.
- Those who hold refugee status in non-Chevening coverage countries or regions
- Those who are not eligible for Chevening Scholarship Scheme
- Those who hold British or dual citizenship
- Those who have worked or are working with British Home Office, their families, and relatives.
The process of applying for a Chevening scholarship is strictly based online. Complete the online information form. Wait for a status email about your application. The selection of recipients usually takes eight months. The application for the scholarship starts by selecting your country/territory. After all the requirements are provided online. Then the selected independent assessors assess all applications. Then applicants’ scores and ranking are sent to the British embassy in the home countries of the applicants.
Financial Coverage of the Chevening Scholarship
The Chevening scholarship scheme is a fully paid status scholarship that covers these expenses:
- Tuition fees.
- A stipend on monthly basis.
- Cost of travel from home country to the United Kingdom and cost of traveling from the UK to applicants’ home countries.
- An arrival allowance.
- homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one Visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the United Kingdom.
For further information about the scholarship, you can get on this link https://www.chevening.org/scholarship