Getting scholarship opportunities in top-A countries is something that is not so easy for African citizens. Many African students have regarded international scholarships as a no-go area for them as so many have attempted them but could not get any. This makes many African International scholarship applicants conclude that African students are usually exempted from foreign scholarship but this conclusion is not true because there are a lot of foreign scholarship opportunities available for African students but getting the right source of foreign scholarship information is what some African students lack.
Don’t stress yourself much as you will be availed of one of such rare foreign scholarship opportunities with the Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto. Lester B. Pearson is a scholarship scheme to be pursued by undergraduate international students at the world-renowned University of Toronto, Canada.
About Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarship Program
Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarship avails international opportunities for exceptional foreign students to pursue their courses of studies at a world-class University of Toronto, Canada, a culturally diverse city. The scholarship scheme is targeted at international students who exhibit high-profile academic records and are creatively exceptional and show valor of leadership in their immediate community. The major focus of the scholarship to be awarded for any student is the contribution of the students to their immediate environment and community at large and the future contribution to the world at large. The scholarship scheme is awarded annually and covered all expenses for the duration of the student’s courses of study. The scholarship is targeted at only International students or foreign students that are residents in Canada.
About University of Toronto, Canada
The University of Toronto popularly known as ‘U of T’ is a world-renowned University that’s produced a good number of leaders in all walks of life. It’s one of the highest-ranking universities from captains of industries to world leaders known for internationally acclaimed professors, lecturers, and professionals. It’s founded in 1827. It’s Canada’s largest university and has been named a global leader in teaching and all-around research. The University of Toronto is renowned for its groundbreaking scholarship, institutional records, and a leader in academic innovation that has been the benchmark for attraction.
The Lester B. International Student Scholarship opens an eligible window by considering the following:
- The applicants must be non-Canadians.
- The applicants must be international students (foreign students; these who require a visa to study)
- The applicants must be final year secondary or high school students or have finished their secondary education some months before the commencement of academic session at the University of Toronto).
- Applicants must be ready to start their university education at the University of Toronto before the commencement of the next academic session.
- The applicants must be outstanding students.
- The applicants must have shown community leadership.
The applicants seeking Lester B. International Student Scholarship must have the following documents:
- High school result/certificate.
- Valid International passport(not expired).
- Photograph Passport (recent).
- High school transcripts (for evidence of academic excellence).
- Community Recommendation Letter ( to show your ability in engaging in community development).
To apply for the Lester B Scholarship Scheme. Applicants should follow this process:
- Applicants must be nominated by their high/secondary schools.
- Then go to the university portal to apply https://future.utoronto.ca/apply/applying/ to begin your academic journey and fill out all the necessary details for admission.
- After this, the University of Toronto will expect your nomination. Once your nomination is confirmed by the University of Toronto and you have filled in your details for admission. Then go ahead and complete the Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarship application.
- For further information about the scholarship scheme, you can visit here https://future.utoronto.ca/pearson/about/