Chevron Corporation with Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation’s scholarship scheme application is now open for Nigerian students. If you have what it requires to get a scholarship award, do not hesitate or shy away from grabbing this rare opportunity.
Facts And Figures About Chevron And NNPC
Chevron Corporation is a multinational company seated comfortably among the largest world conglomerate dealing in the onshore and offshore oil business. It’s an American-owned oil company.
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation is a Federal Government owned organization that holds Nigeria’s oil deposits. It’s a Nigerian oil corporation saddled with responsibilities of oil regulatory and explorational determination. NNPC operates as a business corporate entity in the oil and gas industry for the Nigerian Government.
What’s The Chevron/NNPC scholarship?
Chevron/NNPC scholarship scheme is a corporate and social responsibility of Chevron Corporation for operating in Nigeria and exploring its oil resources which are paying through footing the students’ tuition fees of some Nigerian students. It’s a joint social venture between Chevron Corporation and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to strengthen the manpower development of the country and grow its academic base. The scholarship helps exceptional students to feel relevant and let unserious students be hardworking.
Aim Of Chevron/NNPC Scholarship
The Chevron/NNPC scholarship scheme is aimed at strengthening the Nigerian education sector and capacity building through the payment of tuition fees of brilliant students by Chevron Corporation in partnership with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Courses of Study involved in the Scholarship Scheme will be given to you below.
The applicants must be aware of the courses that this scholarship scheme covers in 2021/2022. This year’s scholarship involves only the students of 200 level in any of Nigerian universities. And below are the courses to covered by the scheme
Petrol Chemical Engineering.
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Mechanical/Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Environmental Studies or Surveying
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Business Administration/Economics
- Agricultural Science/Agricultural Engineering
- Those who are eligible for this scholarship are Nigeria’s citizens or anyone residents in Nigeria.
- Anyone applying must study in any of the Nigerian universities.
- Whoever applying for the scholarship scheme must be a current student of Nigeria who is 200 level.
- The applicant must be a full-time student.
- The applicant must be studying any of the courses listed above.
- Any Nigerian living abroad should not apply.
- Anyone that doesn’t study any of the courses listed above should not bother to apply.
- Staff or families of management of Chevron Corporation shouldn’t apply.
- Any student that has got any scholarship from other corporate entities should not apply.
Required Documents for Eligibility
- Passport Photograph (recently taken)
- Current School Identity Card
- Letter of Admission
- Certificate of Birth
- SSCE result/certificate
- Jamb Result Slip
- The State of Origin was issued and duly signed by the Local Government Authority.
How To Apply
Application is strictly online and should be strictly followed according to given or stated instructions:
- The applicants should fill out the form on the portal designated for the scholarship application.
The process of selection is stringently based on the academic record performance of the applicant students and there’s no Computer Based Test available. All interested applicants should fill in their information online as requested. Successful applicants will be contacted to know the next line of action.
The deadline for the application’s submission is Sunday 5th December 2021.
The Procedure Of Online Application
Below are the processes
When you get on board on the portal
- Put your cursor on Apply Now to create your profile, a message will be sent to your active email address
- Go to your email address (it may be Gmail, Yahoo mail, AOL or any other email account) and activate your account
- Then, fill in your registered email address and your strong password to login into your scholarship account
- Then type in your personal information, additional information, educational information, other related information and upload your stated documents; SSCE result, Student Identity Card, State of Origin proof among others.
- Then go through your application again to be double sure that you provide relevant documents and every part is properly filled and free from costly error.
- click on the Submit button to complete your application, After the submission and reply command will congratulate you on the successful submission. Then wait for the status of your submission to know your fate(as you will be notified in due course whether you’re among the shortlisted or not).
Note: The scholarship is free of charge, so don’t pay anybody for your application.